• All work must be done exclusively by the student entrant, grade 6-12 enrolled in a middle school, junior high, high school or homeschool equivalent, within the current school year.
• All work should be designated by the student with their name and title on the back prior to arrival. Remove all
name tags from prior shows.
• Please limit student work to one piece per teacher, per class or discipline. (exception, Fair Foundation Art Award)
• For the protection of your work, all entries must be delivered in a portfolio or container suitable for storage
and repacking after the event. School and teacher names must be printed clearly on the outside of portfolios and
• Register entries online for each piece of artwork (see page 5 for instructions.) We cannot guarantee against spelling errors. Please type carefully and use proper case for names and titles when registering entries online; this is the source for both display tags and catalog.
• All work must stay in the show the full run of the event.
• Entries cannot be accepted or returned by mail or common carrier.
• All work must be titled! “Untitled” is not allowed as a title in the show. Untitled work will be rejected. We
encourage that titles should be unique and individual, and please keep them short.
• All work must be suitably matted and ready to hang. Frames are not required. Work not properly assembled or that becomes disassembled during hanging will not be displayed. Avoid using temporary adhesive materials such as tape, glue stick, etc. All works should be matted as one individual unit.
All framed work needs to have appropriate hanging hardware.
• 3D work must be designed to hang! Works such as masks, ceramics, mobiles and collages must have hangers attached with a hiding spot for Entry Form. All new 3D considerations will be reviewed during take in. Please
contact Superintendent well in advance for consent.
• Any work deemed too heavy for safe display will not be accepted, at the discretion of show management.
• All pencil, charcoal, chalk and pastels must be fixed or sealed. All work must be dry at take-in.
• Although every precaution will be made to protect the art pieces, the Kootenai County Fairgrounds will not be responsible for theft, loss or damage to entries.
• The Superintendent reserves the right to reject any work it finds objectionable.